Wednesday 11 April 2012

Hello Blog.

How many people do you think read you yesterday? I know at least 3 people who did. I think that's excellent. Now then... I guess today's blog should be chronological but I'm just really keen on letting you know that I'm in bed and it's before 10pm. This is excellent news. So I shall be quick so as not to reduce my beauty sleep by too much. Not that it makes a difference to my beauty, but I does make me less grumpy if I get a little more kip.

This morning started out with my normal pleasant walk to the train station. Except for my socks. My news boots hurt the balls of my feet so today I decided to place a sock in the bottom of each boot, like an insole. Not recommended. Anyway, coming out of the station was a group of teenagers (on a school trip perhaps). The boys all looked the same!! I'm sorry to generalise, and I hope this doesn't come across as racist, but these Norwegian boys really did all look the same!! Strong bone structure, blonde quiff. I had a little chuckle to myself, because that's what I do these days - I chuckle. And sometimes I even talk to myself. Yesterday, I was on the hunt for some milk on my way home from work and went in to 3 convenience stores - none of which had milk! I tried to figure out why until it dawned on me that they don't have milk in their tea! I then proceeded to exclaim that out loud. Dufus. Now, where was I?

Ah yes, the quiff boys. That's it really, not much more to say about that. Work was just as per normal but I did arrange to meet the lovely Monica after work. When we met she told me that I had a look of confusion as I switched from autopilot I'm-going-home-and-you-can't-stop-me to oh-hang-on-I'm-supposed-to-meet-someone-I-think mode.

We went to Alexandros, a Greek restaurant near where I live. It was empty, but the owners spoke Greek so that was a bonus. Difficult contending with four languages though, even for someone as culturally rich as myself (cough, cough). Unfortunately the food was too salty, and we were paid no attention until I asked for the 'logariasmo' (the bill). Then I got a full conversation in Greek, and the bill. Lucky, coz that's what I hoped I'd asked for. 
All in all, Alexandros only gets 3 Bumblestars. 

I wish I had the energy to tell you all about the rest of the stuff that happened today, but this is just enough excitement for one day. Surely!? Tomorrow I will discuss the cultural differences between Norwegians and non-Norwegians. Or possibly quiffs. Depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment