Wednesday 16 May 2012

The Runs

Dear Blog,

I ran today. Twice. And yesterday I ran once. It's my new old thing. From now on I will run to and from work, except when coming from, or going to, the airport. I run with a rucksack that carries my work clothes. I listen to music. It's rather therapeutic actually. Except when pedestrians and cyclists get in the way. And they certainly get in the way. People in Norway veer all over the pavement! They seem oblivious so anything going on around them. Yeah, yeah, I'm generalising obviously, and I'm pretty certain that it's not just Norwegians that do this. In fact, most people, regardless of colour or creed, are crap pedestrians. Just because you're moving slowly doesn't mean you shouldn't be aware of what's going on around you. Dem de rules. I'm a great pedestrian.

So, I said last time that I'd finish the list I'd made. But I'm not going to, because the rest of the list was boring. I'd like to talk about thinking. Or rather, I'd like to type about thinking. Next time you're thinking, think about what you sound like when you're thinking. Do you sound like you? The reason I ask is that recently it occurred to me that I'd started thinking in a Norwegian accent. Now, I can't actually speak in a Norwegian accent (in fact I'm pretty cack at any accent other than Irish, and some would argue - and lose - that I'm cack at that too), but in my head I have the perfect Norwegian accent. In fact, I sound remarkably like my colleague and friend, Kirsti. It obviously means we spend a lot of time together. So I'd like to challenge you to spend time with someone who has a strong accent. Lots of time. Let's see if we can become international thinkers. I say all this, and now that I think about it, the accent is nowhere to be found. Kirsti was away from work last week. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Did I tell you I've got a new flat? It's cool. Here's a picture of me in it:


Don't worry, Norway hasn't changed my face, it's just an effect on the laptop. Cool, eh?

Lastly, because I have to go to bed in order to get up at 5am to go to the airport, I want to tell you a disappointing story about the SAS loyalty scheme, Eurobonus. But before that.... tomorrow is 17th May. Do you know what that means? Norwegian Constitution Day. HUGE festivities, and I'm gonna miss them all! :( But it's going to rain, and I'm going home to see Bumble, and if I did go I'd feel like the loneliest person on the planet, so I'm good. Here's a picture of what it would have been like:


Pretty cool, huh?

So anyhoo, the Eurobonus thing... another time, I'm too tired and I'm boring myself. Probably coz of all the running. Or I'm getting old and decrepit. Meh, whatevs. See you next time!
(If you read it all, please leave a comment telling me what your favourite movie of all time is. Need some ideas for LoveFilm, who insist on repeatedly sending me DVDs.)

Laters,
Kajsa. xx (one for you and one for Bumble)

2 comments:

  1. More like a ramble than a blog!
    Best film, Love Actually, Grease, Dirty Dancing
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Guess who's coming to dinner" starring Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier and Katharine Hepburn

    ReplyDelete