Wednesday 16 April 2014

Japan - day 14 and beyond

Well, I'm home now and have been since Monday evening. My journey home was pretty straightforward, I was allowed onto the airport bus with my bike, and I had no luggage weight issues at the airport. Didn't sleep at all on the flight, in an attempt to reduce jet lag once I'd arrived home. Instead a watched a bunch of movies; 12 Years a Slave (cried like a little girl), Frozen, The Other Guys (very, very funny), Crazy Stupid Love (Ryan Gosling is quite tasty), and some other stuff I can't remember.

Both mum and Bumble squeaked like little guinea pigs when they saw me, which is always nice.

I absolutely loved my Japan holiday. I will do things a bit differently next time, but it's all a learning experience, right? But what will I miss the most? The food comes a very close second to heated toilet seats...

I certainly won't miss carrying this thing around, but it was worth it.

I will miss getting this kind of lunch for about £3.

I will miss real cycle paths and conscientious drivers.

I will miss not getting static shocks from elevator buttons.

I won't miss my Traffic Safety Lucky Charm, which kept me safe over there, because I took it home with me.

I will miss this kind of food.

I will miss these.

I will miss the blossom, although they are out in full force in old Wollaton at the moment.

I will miss the Japanese English menus. There's always a giggle-worthy mistake. Can you spot it?

I won't miss getting sunburnt on just the right side of my body.

I will miss sightseeing where I can laugh in the face of history. 70km...Pah!

I will miss blue lines that guide my way.

I will miss pocket wifi.

And I will miss the comments on my blogs that I woke up to every day.

Most of all though, I'll miss getting up at the crack of dawn, heading out on my bike and wondering what the world is going to present me with today. Sounds like I need to start planning another adventure... Perhaps I need a new bike, too...

 

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed your trip, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as much as I did! :) Thank you for reading, great to know I had some company.

      Delete